Overview: Visit Gaudi’s Famous Casa Batllo
Visit Casa Batllo and live the Gaudí experience.
Do you and the guys want to experience some of the incredible culture that’s up for grabs on your stag do in Barcelona? You can’t go wrong with a trip to visit Casa Batllo, one of Gaudí’s most celebrated masterpieces.
The mysterious and intriguing building was designed by the beloved Antonio Gaudí. His adaptations were applied between 1904 and 1906 in the heart of the city. it is the most emblematic work of the brilliant Catalan architect. You can find a lot of enlightening information on the Casa Batllo website, but here are some of our favourite fast facts:
- Typical of Gaudí, straight lines are avoided whenever possible.
- From the entrance hall on the ground floor, a sturdy iron railing separates the private access to the Batlló family residence.
- The main suite have 3 interconnected rooms, is like a shop window display onto Passeig de Gràcia, with huge windows which let the light in.
- The ceiling is wavy, in allusion to the sea.
- 600 tiles were used to create the appearance of scales that cover the roof.
- In 2002, Casa Batlló was opened to the public as a museum and cultural event space.
- In 2005 it was recognised as an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Experience Casa Batllo
We will arrange entrance to this amazing building, so treat yourself to some culture and come and experience the Gaudí building for yourself!